Friday, October 26, 2012

Mexican Food

I have a weakness.  This my husband knows is true.  Actually, I have 2 weaknesses when it comes to food:  Pasta and Mexican.

Taco Braid


I am always in the mood for one or the other.  Once I overheard 2 of my youth members (my husband is also a youth pastor) say they didn't like mexican food.  My mouth utterly dropped to the ground.  How dare they!  Mexican food is like Chinese food... it's not an acquired taste is it?  I thought everyone liked Mexican food?


Step by step instructions.
You know where they serve the best mexican food ever????  And I mean EVER?!  San Diego.  Hands down.  I measure how good a mexican place is by their nachos.  I can't help it.  That's my standard.  

Chicken Tamale Pie
Chicken Tamale Pie

My favorite nachos place by far has to be from a hole in the wall taco stand in San Diego.  I can't even begin to tell you how good it was.  Let's just say I went there 3 times in 2 days.  I could have kept going but my husband insisted we try other places.

And once my husband and I stopped at a restaurant on our way to the airport and had the best mexican seafood soup.  My husband burnt his tongue while slurping it down and didn't even complain!  Yeah, that good.  I don't even like seafood (yeah, I know, I know) and it was delicious.  We look forward to visiting my sister-in-law in San Diego.  Sounds like we need another trip.

Easy Chicken Enchiladas

So I bet you're wondering why I am not posting recipes and pictures of nachos.  Well, let's just say I haven't tried or tasted anything that even comes close to the nachos in San Diego.  Not even a teeny bit.  I am beginning to wonder what ingredients they put in those heavenly nachos.


No comments:

Post a Comment