Friday, October 19, 2012

More Ideas


Downsizing is always difficult.  Especially when it involves downsizing a party.  We have about about 30 family members here in lovely Minnesota.  And I am not talking about extended family.  I am talking about my husband and my immediate family and their kids.  Out of 6 siblings, I have 4 siblings residing in MN and my husband has 5 siblings out of 10 here.  You add in the spouses and kids and viola - there's about 30 of us.

No Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake
Another problem that has crossed our path is my husband's volleyball schedule.  He is an assistant coach for a D3 volleyball team.  Tryouts are happening the same night as my daughter's birthday from 6-8PM.  Since her birthday falls on a Thursday, it's a bit tough to celebrate the birthday earlier or later due to everyone's work and sleep schedules.  I have this tradition to celebrate my children's birthday on the day of.  Celebrating their birthday before or after the date just seems -how do I say this- not as special.  

Pink Ruffle Tea Party.
 So what have we concluded?  Nothing definite yet.  Maybe celebrate the birthday before or after the tryouts.  Maybe just a dessert celebration to avoid the hassle of making a delicious meal for 30+ people.

Party Streamer Party
 Honestly, I do not know how our family will take this.  They always expect food.  At my son's birthday in May, I only served dessert.  I made sure to tell everyone in advance so they could eat before attending the party.  And even so... everyone came hungry... expecting food.

Crepe Flowers
I always have food.  Something scrumptous and delightful.  So what kind of party would it be if I didn't have food?

Rose Cupcakes

Flower Pops
Flower Wrapped Favors
 Here is another curveball at you.  My husband and I are saving to buy a house.  He said has set my budget at $100.  WOW.  Priorities, right?  What am I going to do?  Is this some kind of challenge?

First Birthday Party
Portrait Area
Candy Necklaces and Yogurt
So for the past few days, there has been war waging in my mind.  A part of me is furious with my husband's schedule and budget.  A part of me is up for the challenge.  And so I have been surfing the endless web.

Large Pompoms hanging over dessert table
Trying to find the cheapest and cutest things imaginable for my darling daughter... 

Bottom right photo of pompoms as decor on table
Glitter Sparkly Tablescape using baby food jars and tealights
Ladies and gentlemen, what you are looking at here is what I have found.

Donuts
 The party is in exactly 3 weeks.  Time to get started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment