Thursday, November 1, 2012

Paper Straws

I'm back!!  After a few days of being sick in bed with the flu... I have returned.  

So what's been on my mind?  Paper Straws.

two yellow shoes 
(Picture by Style Me Pretty)

This past weekend I went to a friend's baby shower.  They served little snacks, desserts, and drinks in mason jars.  Everything was really cute.  I was walking around with a drink, chatting away and sipping on my drink through the white and red paper straw.  At first, everything was swell.  And then... after 30 mins or so... my straw got... well... soggy.  The straw was just soaked.  Yes, I understand that the paper straws are paper (hence the name)... And I'm sure it's eco friendly by being made out of recyclable materials... but this just isn't right.
 
Don't get me wrong... I think paper straws are adorable.  They come in a variety of colors and combinations of striped, chevron striped, polkadot, solid colors, etc.  

Striped Party Straws - Fuchsia Pink
(from Shop TomKat)

I do wish someone would create a paper straw with a plastic liner inside.  That would be amazing.  I am sure someone could create it by also being eco friendly.  Someone, help me create this!

No comments:

Post a Comment