Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving, a birthday party, and planning for Christmas

I have been MIA for 2 weeks.  Yes.  I am guilty.  But I have good reason!  My son's 5th birthday was 2 days after Thanksgiving.  My husband and 2 out of my 3 kids have been sick throwing up everything in their stomachs.  So yeah, it's been pretty busy and overwhelming for me.  I know it's not a good enough excuse.  Tons of bloggers are on posting and whatnot regardless of what they are going through.  But I had to devote my time to my family and therefore may have cause you (whoever you are) grief.  My apologies.

On the upside, here are some fun things I did for my son's birthday bash.  We went to Edinborough Park in Edina.  This is where he and all his friends climbed and slid down.  He eventually came up to me and told me he was dizzy and felt like he was going to throw up.  While leading him to the bathroom, he yelled, "I'm going to throw up RIGHT NOW!"  and barfed all over the stairs.
Adventure Peak
Edinborough Park Adventure Peak
 So my boys have been on this lego craze for some time now.  I have to blame Lego Ninjago for being so darn entertaining.  Even my husband and I sit down and watch the episodes with my kids.  You may call me pathetic, but please -join the party.  Sit down and watch them from the beginning.  It has a pretty good story line instead of just random episodes.  So, I wanted to be the best mom in the world.  And since Pinterest is the best site in the whole world for ideas... I decided to see what I could find to make my son scream with excitement.  Long and behold:

Candy Lego Men

 Oh yes.  They are so simple to make.  You just have to order the ice cube mold.  Pop some bags of candy melts in the microwave, place them in the molds, stick them in the freezer for 10 minutes, and viola!  Little Candy Lego Men.  For a complete tutorial, check out Sugar Swings! website.  Simply amazing.  I made these, put two in a bag and gave them out as party favors.  I also put them on the cake and on the tables as decor.  Everyone wowed. 

So now I'm off to thinking about Christmas.  My husband and I are planning this year's family Christmas.  I'm in charge (apparently) of decorations, crafts, and food.  So... I am on a hunt to find the best of the best.  This little felt snow man is adorable.

From Better Homes and Gardens


He just melted my heart.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment